John Powers & Son
James Power was originally a coaching innkeeper of Thomas Street in Dublin, It is perhaps unlikely that he could have known how successful his "New" business venture would come to be when in 1791 he founded a small distillery by converting the hostelry into a distillery.

By the turn of the century James was joined in the business by his son John. Originally called James Powers & Son by 1809 the Business had become a limited company under the name of John Power and Son with the father remaining in charge.

The business continued to grow successfully and in 1823 John Power "Boasted" of a 500 gallon still with an annual output of some 33,000 gallons of whiskey per year! This was the start of something big within another 10 years the company's output had increase by ten-fold.